We would like to advise that the practice will be closed on the following public holidays in 2021/2022
2nd April, 5th April, 3rd May, 31st May, 19th July, 27th September, 27th December, 28th December, 3rd January, 4th January
If you require medical assistance on these days please contact NHS24 on 111.
If you have a new persistent cough, fever or loss of taste or smell STAY AT HOME, isolate and book a test. Those in your household must also isolate Please DO NOT attend the surgery.
For further information visit nhsinform.scot
Why does the receptionist need to ask what's wrong with me?
Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions to ensure that you receive
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate health professional
- At the most appropriate time
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients
- To help doctors prioritise home visits and phone calls
- To ensure patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other health care professional rather than a doctor where appropriate.
Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially.
Booking appointments/requesting repeat medication online.
We would like to thank all of our patients for their cooperation during the transition period of moving to our new website. Online Services is now available where you can book appointments and request repeat medication through a personal online account. Please bring photographic ID and fill out the form at reception to register.